Wards Creek Elementary|
Meeting on Fridays from 2:50- 4:15 |
Coding | Game Design | Minecraft Edu | Bloxels
👇🏼Click below for details and registration
Need a little extra time after school? Get the good kind of screen time with Kids Can Code!
Beginning coders will work towards proficiency in the Blockly language as they learn the fundamentals of coding: sequences, algorithms, loops, events, conditionals, functions, and variables.
We will explore the following apps & programs:
- codeSpark Academy
- Minecraft Edu
- Swift Playgrounds
- Various robots- Dash, Root, Ozobot
Student interest and proficiency will guide our focus and exploration!
Bring Your Own Device! iPads preferred, but most tablets will work! *Please contact Ms. Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child needs to use a loaner device. We do not want anyone to miss out on this opportunity because of lack of technology!
Registration fee of $40 is non-refundable. Session payment due upon registration, or on payment dates. Prorated for late registrations.
Pay in full, or make payments! 20% Off Sibling Discount Available
- If minimum enrollment not met, club will be canceled and parents will be notified the Sunday prior. Registered students will receive a Kids Can Code family credit for use towards a future camp or class.
- If a family decides to cancel enrollment, a refund will not be made. Camp costs will be transferred to a Kids Can Code family credit for use towards a future camp or class.
- Session Time = 1 hour/ week, so a session will have about 13-15 hours of contact time.
- All sessions are built with “flex time” which allows for one hour class cancelation if needed. Most classes meet for 1 hour and 15 minutes, resulting in almost 3 hours of extra contact time in a session. If class is never canceled, your child gets bonus coding time!
- One class may be canceled per session (due to campus closure or instructor illness) without rescheduling.
- If make up time is needed and can not be scheduled, participants will receive a Kids Can Code credit to be used for a future class or event.
No refunds will be issued.